John Nalli’s journey within the staffing industry is truly a Canadian success story. After graduating College with a Business Diploma in 1995, John entered the staffing industry by accepting a position at Adecco. For 6 years at this company, John gained invaluable knowledge while moving up through departments; he started with Temporary and Permanent Staffing, then moved onto Business Development, which lead him into Branch Management and finally Area Management.
With all the mergers and acquisitions occurring in the industry at that time, John accepted an opportunity to elevate his career at Spherion as the GTA Regional Vice President where he was responsible for aiding in the growth of the then midsize company to a larger industry player. During his 3 years with Spherion, John succeeded in his goal of helping to gain market share and did so by opening and expanding many branches for the company.
Armed with extensive staffing knowledge and a series of achievements under his belt, including 9 years of industry experience and a thriving track record of success, John felt it was time for a new challenge.
With encouragement from a close friend and already successful entrepreneur Frank Cianciulli, John decided to set out on his own and build a new type of staffing firm. In 2003 John designed his business plan and launched from his kitchen table. With only an idea, a dream, and a ton of ambition, John set in motion one of the most successful staffing firms to ever hit the Canadian market.
Equipped with the proven ability to create tremendous success within staffing combined with visionary ideas of the direction of the industry, John see’s People Store truly representing Canada’s future of staffing.
People Store is among the largest privately owned staffing firms in Canada.
Some of the most notable highlights at People Store include:
- Voted the Best Staffing Firm by Readers Choice in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2015 (ranked against over a hundred competitors)
- Honored as one of Canada’s Top 500 Growth Companies by PROFIT Magazine & CANADIAN BUSINESS in 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2018.
- Recognized as Entrepreneur of the Year, by the ICCO in 2011
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers, as identified by the Globe & Mail in 2015
- Awarded the Next Generation Award, by the ICCO in 2015
- Listed as one of Canada’s Top 100 Best Employers, as identified by the Globe & Mail in 2017
- John appointed as President – Ontario Region of ACSESS (Association of Canadian Search, Employment and Staffing Services) in 2017