People Store is proud to be a member of ACSESS.
The Association of Canadian Search, Employment and Staffing Services.
The Association of Canadian Search, Employment and Staffing Services (ACSESS) resulted from the merger of – The Association of Professional Placement Agencies & Consultants (founded in 1962) and The Employment & Staffing Services Association of Canada (founded in 1968).
The 1998 blending of two strong associations gave ACSESS an expanded mandate to represent all facets of the employment, recruitment and staffing services industry as it is today.
The ACSESS Mission is:
- To promote the interests and growth of the Canadian Recruitment & Staffing Industry
- To identify, communicate and monitor industry standards and ethical business practices
- To positively influence and protect the regulatory and business environment that impacts our members and the people they serve
- To promote credibility and visibility of the industry to the business community, government, and general public
A primary objective of ACSESS is to actively represent the industry and our membership before governments by providing input on employment legislation and regulations at the national and provincial levels. At the same time, ACSESS assumes a leadership role in ensuring that industry members are aware of legislation and regulatory changes which may affect their businesses and responsibilities as employers.
ACSESS Code of Ethics & Standards:
As members of the Association of Canadian Search Employment & Staffing Services we commit to uphold this Code of Ethics & Standards and to display it prominently in our place of business. We support the principles set forth below and acknowledge that compliance with these principles is in the best interests of ACSESS member companies, their candidates, employees, client organizations, and the reputation of the search, employment and staffing services profession in Canada.
- We will observe the highest principles of integrity, professionalism and fair practice in dealing with clients, candidates, employees and all regulatory authorities; and will respect the confidentiality of records in accordance with law and good business practices.
- We will provide leadership in the adherence to both the spirit and letter of all applicable human rights, employment laws and regulations. We will treat all candidates and employees without prejudice and will not accept an order from any client that is discriminatory in any way.
- We will take all reasonable steps to provide clients with accurate information on each candidate’s employment qualifications and experience; and will only present those candidates who have given us authorization to represent their application for employment.
- We will supply candidates and employees with complete and accurate information as provided by the client, regarding terms of employment, job descriptions and workplace conditions.
- We will not recruit, encourage or entice a candidate whom we have previously placed to leave the employ of our client, nor will we encourage or coerce an individual to leave any temporary assignment before the stated completion date.
- We will not restrict the right of a candidate or employee to accept employment of their choice.
- We will not misuse membership privileges for the purpose of recruiting a member’s staff, or in any way that may otherwise injure our candidates, employees or competitors.
- We will derive income only from clients and make no direct or indirect charges to candidates or employees unless specified by a license.
- We will maintain the highest standards of integrity in all forms of advertising, communications and solicitations; and will conduct our business in a manner designed to enhance the operation, image and reputation of the employment, recruitment and staffing services industry.
- We will recognize and respect the rights and privileges of competitors in the true fashion of individual initiative and free enterprise, and will refrain from engaging in acts of unfair competition.
- We will ensure that our clients, candidates and employees are aware of our duty to abide by this Code of Ethics & Standards and such supporting policies and guidelines as may from time to time be adopted by the Association; and will undertake to bring any potential infringements before the appropriate Association body.